Phantom 4 RTK Key Features:
DJI has rethought its drone technology from the ground-up, revolutionizing its systems to achieve a new standard for drone accuracy – resulting in the creation of the Phantom 4 RTK. The system was designed by looking at the requirements from the drone mapping and surveying market and building exactly what they wished for – a compact drone solution with a high-resolution camera and the ability to capture centimeter-accurate RTK data.
– Support RTK and PPK
– Centimeter-Level Positioning System
– Precise Imaging System
– D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Compatibility
– NTRIP Compatibility
– Mobile SDK Supported
A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK, providing real-time,
centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata. Sitting
just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight
stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities. Combining both modules, the Phantom 4
RTK is able to optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for
complex surveying, mapping and inspection workflows.
Fit the Phantom 4 RTK to any workflow, with the ability to connect this positioning system to
the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol) using
a 4G dongle or WiFi hotspot, or store the satellite observation data to be used for Post
Processed Kinematics (PPK).
Gather Accurate Data with TimeSync
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system
was created to continually align the flight controller, camera and RTK module.
Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the
positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimizing the results from photogrammetric
methods and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.
Precise Imaging System
Capture the best image data with a 1-inch, 20 megapixel CMOS sensor. Mechanical shutter
makes mapping missions or regular data capture seamless as the Phantom 4 RTK can move
while taking pictures without the risk of rolling shutter blur. Due to the high resolution, the
Phantom 4 RTK can achieve a Ground Sample Distance (GSD) of 2.74 cm at 100 meters flight
To ensure each Phantom 4 RTK offers unparalleled accuracy, every single camera lens goes
through a rigorous calibration process where radial and tangential lens distortions are
measured. The distortion parameters gathered are saved into each image’s metadata, letting
post-processing software adjust uniquely for every user.
Purpose-Built Flight Planning Application
A new GS RTK app allows pilots to intelligently control their Phantom 4 RTK, with two
planning modes – Photogrammetry and Waypoint Flight – alongside a more traditional flight
mode. The planning modes let pilots select the drone’s flight path while adjusting overlap
rate, altitude, speed, camera parameters and more, offering an automated mapping or
The GS RTK app has been built with its users in mind and therefore has a range of features
built for specific mapping or inspection workflows. The app has implemented direct loading
of KML area files for in-office flight planning, a new shutter priori mode to keep exposure
consistent across all photos and a strong wind alarm to warn pilots of adverse conditions.
Mobile SDK Supported
The Phantom 4 RTK is compatible with the DJI Mobile SDK, opening up its functions to
automation and customization through a mobile device.
OcuSync Transmission System
Enjoy stable and reliable HD image and video transmission at distances of up to 7 km, great for
mapping larger sites.
*Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for
radio link strength and resilience. Always fly your drone within visual line of sight unless otherwise permitted.
Seamless Compatibility with D-RTK 2 Mobile Station
Support your Phantom 4 RTK missions with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station – providing real-time
differential data to the drone and forming an accurate surveying solution. The Mobile
Station’s rugged design and OcuSync 2.0 transmission system ensures you can gain
centimeter-level accurate data with your Phantom 4 RTK in any condition.
Start Mapping Today
With a built-in flight planning app (GS RTK) and an easy method to collect RTK data (RTK
Network or D-RTK 2 Mobile Station), pilots have a full solution for any surveying, mapping or
inspection workflow – right out of the box.
Centimetre Level Positioning System
– The integrated RTK module provides accurate positioning data even with no GCPs.
– The Phantom 4 RTK stores the satellite observation data for PPK (Post-Process Kinematic) position post-process.
– Compatible with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCMv3 via Internet Protocol) and third-party RTK stations (Only PPK is available when the ground station is without the NTRIP service).
Integrated RTK Module
– A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata.
– Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities.
– Combining both GNSS and RTK modules, the Phantom 4 RTK can optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping, and inspection workflows.
Precise Imaging System
– 1-inch CMOS sensor, 20M effective pixels, 2.7 cm GSD (Ground Sample Distance) at 100 m flight altitude.
– Radial and tangential lens distortions were measured for post-processing image calibration.
– The camera is synchronized with the RTK module, delivers millisecond-level imaging deviation.
– Phantom 4 RTK’s camera would capture and store the phase compensation data for the post-processing position calibration
– The mechanical shutter on Phantom 4 RTK’s camera eliminates rolling shutter distortions which can occur when flying at high speed, allows high-precision shots to be captured without the wobble distortion.
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system was created to align the flight controller, camera and RTK module continually.
Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimizing the results from photogrammetric methods and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.