Phantom 4 RTK Key Features:
DJI has rethought its drone technology from the ground-up, revolutionizing its systems to achieve a new standard for drone accuracy – resulting in the creation of the Phantom 4 RTK. The system was designed by looking at the requirements from the drone mapping and surveying market and building exactly what they wished for – a compact drone solution with a high-resolution camera and the ability to capture centimeter-accurate RTK data.
– Support RTK and PPK
– Centimeter-Level Positioning System
– Precise Imaging System
– D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Compatibility
– NTRIP Compatibility
– Mobile SDK Supported
Centimetre Level Positioning System
– The integrated RTK module provides accurate positioning data even with no GCPs.
– The Phantom 4 RTK stores the satellite observation data for PPK (Post-Process Kinematic) position post-process.
– Compatible with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCMv3 via Internet Protocol) and third-party RTK stations (Only PPK is available when the ground station is without the NTRIP service).
Integrated RTK Module
– A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata.
– Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities.
– Combining both GNSS and RTK modules, the Phantom 4 RTK can optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping, and inspection workflows.
Precise Imaging System
– 1-inch CMOS sensor, 20M effective pixels, 2.7 cm GSD (Ground Sample Distance) at 100 m flight altitude.
– Radial and tangential lens distortions were measured for post-processing image calibration.
– The camera is synchronized with the RTK module, delivers millisecond-level imaging deviation.
– Phantom 4 RTK’s camera would capture and store the phase compensation data for the post-processing position calibration
– The mechanical shutter on Phantom 4 RTK’s camera eliminates rolling shutter distortions which can occur when flying at high speed, allows high-precision shots to be captured without the wobble distortion.
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system was created to align the flight controller, camera and RTK module continually.
Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimizing the results from photogrammetric methods and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.